In comparison to its rival, the iPad, the HP slate 500 has a larger base price tag. However, with this price tag comes a standard of 64 gigabytes of storage, the most expensive option on the iPad. Other speculations such as the weight and the multi-touch enabled screen are the same. The HP Slate 500 comes with Wi - Fi Access but not with a built-in capability to connect with high-speed cellular networks, like its rivals. Nevertheless, this may just be HP's attempt to further the Slate 500 from a smartphone-oriented tablet.
http://wifi.consumerelectronicsnet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=1232703
http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/
I agree that the "PC feel" will give HP a boost in sales to rival the iPad. The iPad is more like a larger version of an iTouch, therefore Windows 7 operating system may give the users a new view towards tablets. I also think that having a Windows 7 operating system will appeal to companies that are looking to use tablets in their workforce. It will provide them with a laptop-like feel, but obviously smaller and more convenient. Overall I feel that this is a great product for HP to compete with the power house Apple.
ReplyDelete